For enhancing your athletic performance and for protection of your body from oxidative stress, try this refreshing and nourishing smoothie!
- 4 servings
- Preparation time 3 – 5 minutes
- Why should you try The Athlete’s Smoothie?
Why should you try The Athlete’s Smoothie?
Scientifically proven benefits (Ref. 1-5):
Benefit # 1: Anti-inflammatory effects: This smoothie contains both red beetroot and pineapple. Various scientific studies have shown that red beetroot has amazing anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, pineapple also contains an enzyme that has a significant anti-inflammatory effect. Avoiding chronic inflammation helps prevent various serious health issues, most notably obesity and heart disease.
Benefit # 2: Supportive effects on cognitive functions: Red beetroot also has positive effects on cerebrovascular blood flow. In turn, cerebrovascular blood flow has favorable effects on cognitive functions, in particular on the working memory. In addition, it prevents age-related diseases, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s.
Benefit # 3: Supportive effects on digestion: Pineapple is a great source of the enzyme bromelain, which helps the digestive system break down proteins and supports the function of the pancreas.
Traditional Chines Medicine
Traditional Chines Medicine (TCM) promotes the idea that you can support your body through the integration of particular food in your diet. The components included in this smoothie create the perfect balance to help the body and to improve the ability to absorb the nutritional components needed for our tissues, muscles, and organs, keeping the skin glowing, and you looking young. Pineapple has a positive influence on Yin, which is responsible for repairing and maintaining proper processes in the body. Red beetroot helps to regulate the available energy (=Qi) which is crucial for going robust and stable throw the life.
Equipment, Ingredients, and Preparation:
Equipment you need
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 blender
Fresh Celery (diced)
Fresh Pineapple (diced)
Fresh Red Beetroot (diced)
For decoration: mint leaves
- Step: dice washed celery, peeled red beet, and pineapple
- Step: put celery, red beet, and pineapple in a blender
- Step: add 2 cups water and blend all ingredients for 90 seconds
© 2017, BeMedique LLC
1. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease.Tom Clifford, Glyn Howatson, Daniel J. West, and Emma J. Stevenson,2015 Apr; 7: 2801–2822. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425174/
2. Chronic inflammation in obesity and the metabolic syndrome. Monteiro R, Azevedo I Mediators Inflamm. 2010; 2010: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20706689
3. Flavonoids as anti-inflammatory agents: implications in cancer and cardiovascular disease. García-Lafuente A, Guillamón E, Villares A, Rostagno MA, Martínez JAInflamm Res. 2009 Sep; 58(9):537-52. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19381780/
4. Bromelain: biochemistry, pharmacology and medical use. Maurer HR1. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001 Aug;58(9):1234-45. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11577981
5. Modulation of autoimmunity to beta-cell antigens by proteases. Van den Engel NK, van Halteren AG, Duinkerken G, Martin S. Diabetologia. 2002 May;45(5):686-92. Epub 2002 Mar 28. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12107749
6. Helping Ourselves, A Guide to Traditional Chinese Food Energetics. Daverick Leggett, Meridian Press 2014
Please note, that:
- the nutrition facts can differ from the products used for this recipe.
- information is designed for the improvement of life quality. If you have any concerns or questions about your health or if you have any health disorders, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. You should not rely on information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
We want the best for you and your health!
Join the BeMedique Mailing List!
Stay in Touch for Wellness!!