|Listen to the article
Insights from the scientific fields of endocrinology and epigenetics complement the knowledge of ancient wisdom and give us deeper understanding into the question of why we’re aging.
The Endocrine System – Manager of Youth
Our endocrine system plays a crucial role in our appearance and the aging process. The quality of our skin, our nails, our hair, our muscles, and our skin tissues depend on how balanced our endocrine system is. When our endocrine glands don’t work properly we can discover a multitude of appearance issues, including aging. The medical specialty of Endocrine Pathophysiology describes pathologic changes in appearance caused by imbalances in the endocrine system.
Check the Appearance App
Find a practitioner check here
Epigenetics – The Power within You
Looking back to our original question: how much power do our genes have in the aging process? The genes have a great influence on health, appearance as well as on the aging process. But can we influence our genes? This question can be answered by the new scientific field of Epigenetics. Epigenetics is a field that observes the influence of environment on our genes and gene expression. From the standpoint of Epigenetics, gene expression has more influence on our health, and consequently our youthfulness, than the genetic code (DNA).
Genetic code is given to us from birth, we can´t change it. What we can change is gene expression. Functional studies have shown that epigenetic changes have a significant influence on the aging process.“Several important conclusions emerge from these studies: rather than being genetically predetermined, our life span is largely epigenetically determined; diet and other environmental influences can control our life span by changing the epigenetic information, and inhibitors of epigenetic enzymes can affect the life span of model organisms.”
Our emotions, lifestyles, beliefs, thoughts, what we eat, where we live, how we live, where we work, and our social life encompasses the environment which influences our gene expression.
And thus, we come full circle: knowledge of ancient medicine plus understanding of modern science come together to build understanding for the importance of our substantial power on our own health and youthfulness.
We hold the power to our own aging!
By following of simple lifestyle rules, by the integrating of a positive and grateful attitude, and by maintaining our health we can extend our youthfulness.
Make first steps to longevity and youthful life!
- Face Reading in Chinese Medicine, by Lillian Bridges
- Inspection of Face and Body for Diagnosis of Diseases, by Liu Bangming
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis Study Guide, by Qiao Yi , Al Stone
- Reading the Body: Ohashi’s Book of Oriental Diagnosis – November 1, 1991 by Wataru Ohashi , Tom Monte
- Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide, by Giovanni Maciocia CAc (Nanjing)
- Life Energy: Using the Meridians to Unlock the Hidden Power of Your Emotions, by John Diamond
- Endocrine Pathophysiology, Eric I. Felner
- The Disease Delusion: Conquering the Causes of Chronic Illness for a Healthier, Longer, and Happier Life, bei Jeffrey S. Bland, Mark Hyman
- Introducing Epigenetics: A Graphic Guide by Cath Ennis, Oliver Pugh
- The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles Oct 11, 2016 by Bruce H. Lipton Ph.D. Ph.D.
- Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health – August 4. 2015, by Dr. Caroline Leaf
All information is designed for the improvement of life quality. If you have any concerns or questions about your health or if you have any health disorders, you should always consult a physician or other healthcare professional.This information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
We want the best for you and your health!
© 2017, BeMedique LLC
Join the BeMedique Mailing List!
Stay in Touch for Wellness!!